Friday, November 30, 2007

Can you 'preciate Moab, sweetie

On the first day of Moab, Eva said to me ...

Last March. It was Devin's spring break and I had to "work" in Moab. So he tagged along. We also brought Isobel and Eva, because: Every spring break worth its sun includes a couple of girls that are super cute, and just a little bit dirty.


















We hit Lizard Rock first. (This rock can be seen from the Fisher Towers trailhead, about 22 miles northeast of Moab on Utah State Road 128.) On a previous trip, Isobel had named it "Bottle Rock." After Eva's first look, it was "Mother Rock." I guess it just depends on your point of view.

From here, I think it looks like a big scary Tyrannosaurus lizard. I haven't seen any lizards standing on their hind legs like a bunny rabbit in 65 million years, but maybe the T-Rex resemblance is how it got its name.

Click on the picture for the full-size version if you can't see Isobel marching through the canyon at the bottom. She's a beast on the trail.





At some point on this hike, one of us said something like, "I don't think the pack rat that lives there would appreciate you poking your head in his home," and I guess Eva heard. Because, for the rest of the day, she was asking everyone (or no one) if they " 'preciated that."

Sometimes these girls make me nervous, but maybe it's just because I can't really keep up with them on the harder sections. Here's Isobel leaving me in the dust.

1 comment:

Colette said...

How lucky your girls are to have so many fun adventures with their dad!!