Monday, April 21, 2008

Dirt-eating hiker

The little girls and I camped Bandelier National Monument Friday and hiked to a couple of waterfalls Saturday. I didn't bring a camera but here are some highlights:

Isobel: "Those two waterfalls are hugging." (Can you picture it?)

Isobel: "That rock is a castle, and the sun is the flag." (How about that one?)

Eva, very excited after I handed her a fruit snack she dropped: "I like to eat dirt."

Eva: "I hear a monkey." (Isobel heard it, too, but I never heard anything; so as far as I know, it was a monkey.)

"Look! I see the Queen." Isobel, three feet from a sign that had a photo of six animals that live in the area, including the Queen butterfly. (It really was.)

3 comments:

Colette said...

I'm so glad you share these with us!!
How cute!!!

KAT said...

Sounds fun!

Share :) said...

That Eva is so funny! I can't wait to see you guys in July!