Friday, January 11, 2008

Out one day with you, hallelujah ... Moab part IV

On the fourth day of Moab, Eva sang to me ...

That song is why I take those girls out into the wilds (whether they like it or not). Once again, they learned this from driving around with their mom, not from listening to their dad. I don't even remember the name of the artist, but it's very sweet. (We heard it on a great mix from Bettie's friend, Jayna.)

While I like to think she was singing to me, Isobel's definitely her favorite climbing partner.














This was our last day in Moab. We spent the morning on a short hike at Mill Creek; it's in town near the Slickrock trailhead. Follow the creek, take the north fork and soon you come to a pretty little waterfall and a large pool that I hear is great for swimming in the middle of the summer. March, not so much, especially at 9 a.m.

Then we went back to the spot we saw the first day, along Onion Creek near Fisher Towers. We went up the next canyon and looked hundreds of feet straight up at the spot we'd sat a few days before looking hundreds of feet straight down. On the way up, Eva started singing again and kept it up for the rest of the day. And once again, Isobel joined in.

I love my girls.

On the way back, Eva got hold of Devin's hat and backpack, dipped the hat in the creek to keep her head cool and marched down the trail saying, "Look at me. I'm Devin." For about 20 minutes, she would correct anyone who got her name wrong.



















































I, for one, think Devin is pretty darn cute.

I'll end with this great picture Devin took of Isobel on Mill Creek. This is like a photo from Harry Potter -- I can see her happy little strut like it's a video.


















Hallelujah, I love my girls.

2 comments:

Bettie said...

Those are some of my most favorite pictures of our cute girls. Thanks for sharing;)

Share :) said...

What a great song! And the pics are priceless. I like the pic of "Devin" with all the red dirt on "his" chubby cheeks. And you sure can see Izzy's strut, that's awesome!